Monday, December 19, 2011

Can I give you a lift?

I'm driving home from the the centre of town, just after I passed Shoprite, I see this girl who lives at the flats, near my area. I stop and ask if I can give her a lift, and she gratefully with big smiles says yes, gets in, thanking me all the way as we drive off. We go over the bridge and at the robots she gets out, as the flats is across the road. She says Thank you again and begins to cross the road. At the same time the robot turns green for me and normally you have to wait long to turn right and there was an opportunity, so I went... Unfortunately I drove at the same time as she was crossing the road in front of me, bumping her on the ground. She wasnt really hurt, but as she got up she gave me one death look and said " How could you bump me?"  She went from "Thank you sooo much" To not wanting to see/drive with me ever again.

(for the record, I did see her years later and she forgot about the incident, I reminded her but she wasnt angry) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment